Thursday, December 1, 2016

Contender Elect: We'll Make The Invasion Great

As the final month of 2016 begins, the message from "Contender Elect" Genku is one of purpose and solidarity. He will have several challenges ahead of him now, not the least of which is fulfilling the expectation of winning the Undisputed Championship in January!

More immediately, Genku's primary concern will be ensuring The Invasion remains productive and together after an election that was decided by just one vote! If you were looking for signs of disunity within The Invasion the day after the election, you wouldn't find them in Genku's speech.

Speaking of his opponent LordSkarlet, the Contender Elect had mostly positive things to say. "Are you kidding me? LordSkarlet is great. Of course he's great, or else he wouldn't be running against me. He's an excellent fighter. I said so myself. He's the best KFL Champion we've had in years. He's too much for them, they can't handle him, the KFL and Div.2 contenders. He's a huge asset to The Invasion and we're going to do amazing things together. We're going to make The Invasion great!"

Genku's definition for greatness is unclear, but it seems he'll continue to target the enemies that helped him establish a successful campaign: "Well, let me tell you. I think we need to be taking The British Exit very seriously. I think we need to be looking at them very closely, I think they're very dangerous. ShawnMichaels was removed from The Invasion for a reason. I think, if possible, we need to remain vigilant and work to erase this threat completely. That's what we're doing. Trust me."

Genku and LordSkarlet both participated in a precision strike against The British Exit on November 25th. There are, of course, many who believe the Friday Night Fights attack was crossing the very line The Invasion axed ShawnMichaels over. Regarding criticism of their actions: "That's where the threat was coming from. Should we just ignore it? No. We're going to eradicate the problem and we're going to fortify our borders. The British Exit, The Alliance, The New Generation. Very big problems, huge problems. It stops now. I don't work for the critics, I work for The Invasion. That's a good thing, okay? Trust me. That's a good thing. We're going to make The Great Arena great again. There will be lots of happy faces, all the critics will be smiling. Trust me."

When challenged as to whether he's merely making scapegoats of those opposing The Invasion's agenda, The Contender Elect offered a contradictory statement: "Nobody tells me what to do. I'm the only one of The Invasion who can win the Undisputed Championship. It's just a fact. So I don't need this. I can do this without them. I'm Invasion for life, but trust me, nobody tells me what to do."

Genku was a longshot throughout his campaign. The only thing certain since his win is uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment