Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Championship World Tour: United Kingdom

After winning Tournament 10: The Masters Series at the end of 2011, TonyTheTiger dared to call himself "Master." At Supercard 19: Battle Royale 2012, Grandmaster Wah Hung-Shen taught him exactly what that title means, when he destroyed the pretender in a punishing +10 battle! In defeat, TonyTheTiger had an epiphany. Spurred on by the mocking contempt of the ancient Grandmaster; TonyTheTiger embarks on the first ever Championship World Tour, defending his newly won title against the greatest fighters in the world in an effort to learn from their varied styles, and abilities.

Africa showed "The World Warrior" TonyTheTiger a different side of competition, where the talented kingjolly refused to take his skills for granted, fighting with a fierce determination against overwhelming odds! TonyTheTiger may have ultimately taken an easy defense from his inexperienced opponent, but the memory of his willpower will no doubt leave an impression as he embarks toward Europe. From the landscapes of Nigeria, TonyTheTiger treks across Africa, eventually making his way to Spain on the way to Northern Ireland and England!

The Champion's World Tour Diary:
I feel mixed feelings leaving Africa. It showed me harsh and beautiful sides of people and the wild, both. I will see kingjolly again in July, when he represents his homeland at the culmination of the Olympiad. It will be exciting to see how far he can come in that short time. I hope I have given him as much as he has given me. I have been forced to cover a lot of ground in a very short time, and did not encounter many fighters in Africa, but I would remember him well, even if I had.

The more I travel, the more I see the common threads that tie our world together. For all our differences, there is something familiar to see in every corner of the globe. Spain has a strong sense of character, but I sometimes see glimpses of Africa in its vibrant colours, and its warm, energetic people. I encountered a mysterious fighter calling himself Red_Spaniard -- he seemed like a good opponent. He reminded me of kingjolly, in some way, but it was not to be. Perhaps we too will meet again, in July.

I had seen other travellers when in Spain, but there was something about the English air that felt unique. I knew I would find plenty of fighters in Britain. I wondered if I finally might encounter one of the members of the Turncoat movement, but instead, it was a familiar regular of The Great Arena! Leroy had made a name for himself as one of the Duo Division's top competitors, recently ending a long battle with members of Team Agaper. As a leader of Team Ops, I knew I could gain much from defending my Championship to him. He met me with good spirit.
3. "The World Warrior" TonyTheTiger (c) d. Leroy (GBR) in a solid +4 victory!
The battles between Team Ops and Team Agaper may have made Leroy one of the recognised names of The Great Arena, but his career as a teamplayer meant the jolly great Brit would be out of his element in a one-on-one encounter for the Undisputed Championship! Like the other fighters who had taken the opportunity of TonyTheTiger's Championship World Tour, he simply could not turn his back on such a rare shot at the top prize! Quite unlike his predecessors, however, Leroy would not only take his shot, but look quite impressive whilst doing so!

TonyTheTiger may have embarked on his "World Warrior" journey to earn the right to be called Champion, but in doing so, was exposing himself to a routine never before seen in League history! Bursting straight out of his victory over The_Purple_Bunny at Pre-Show 21 -- TonyTheTiger has fought a non-stop tour across the globe, without breaks! With his previous wins catching up with him, the Tournament 10 winner looked vulnerable! Against a higher tier opponent, he almost certainly would have been in danger of losing the Undisputed Championship, but Leroy was simply unable to capitalize on his moment of weakness!

Recognising the stakes, TonyTheTiger gathered himself, fighting hard to produce a solid win -- still able to inflict +4 impact, even in his weakned state. It speaks to the depth "The World Warrior" has already been able to add to his fight, but paints an uncertain picture as the Championship World Tour returns to the European mainland! He'll cross through France, taking a course in the direction of Asia that will take him through Croatia, before moving through the exotic Middle East!

No comments:

Post a Comment