Sunday, February 19, 2012

Championship World Tour: Africa

After winning Tournament 10: The Masters Series at the end of 2011, TonyTheTiger dared to call himself "Master." At Supercard 19: Battle Royale 2012, Grandmaster Wah Hung-Shen taught him exactly what that title means, when he destroyed the pretender in a punishing +10 battle! In defeat, TonyTheTiger had an epiphany. Spurred on by the mocking contempt of the ancient Grandmaster; TonyTheTiger embarks on the first ever Championship World Tour, defending his newly won title against the greatest fighters in the world in an effort to learn from their varied styles, and abilities.

During the South American stint of his tour, "The World Warrior" TonyTheTiger came face-to-face with Murdoink -- a veteran of the league whose interests usually veer toward the Duo Division Championships. Despite hoping to contest the fourth Tower of Power with the two-man titles on the line, Murdoink (CLE) gladly took the opportunity to challenge for the top prize! Without his partner (Baraka_MK), however, Murdoink found himself utterly destroyed, allowing TonyTheTiger to continue his title trek into Argentina, before travelling across the sea to the Republic of Angola.

The Champion's World Tour:
I am sad to leave South America behind. Murdoink was a good opponent, with a strong fighting spirit. I hope he will find success in the Tower of Power to be fought this weekend, back in The Great Arena. I have never fought as part of a duo. Perhaps this is a skill I should take in. While in Argentina waiting for travel, I met a passionate fighter named marianokombat. He lacks experience but shows promise. Perhaps some day he will be my partner -- or opponent.

Arriving in Angola, I am reminded of the world outside of competition. Like my friend marianokombat, this is a country with immense passion and potential for greatness. I feel they have experienced far more than I can imagine, however, in a short span of time. Perhaps this is why the Grandmaster challenged me to travel the world. I have not encountered many opponents in Africa, but I sense a courageous spirit all around me. It feels good not to fight, and the people who have been kind to me agree.

Following the coast, I encountered more versions of Africa than I ever imagined. Many kind people have joined me on my walk. The children I have met remind me of the joys of innocence. In Nigeria, I finally met a fighter I know. kingjolly possesses a passion for arts of many kinds. He is the perfect challenger for the Undisputed Championship -- a combatant of true depth. I will not have much time to spend with him. I still have much of Africa to see before I continue my journey into Spain. I will learn as much from kingjolly as I can. He has many unique insights to share, I am sure.

2. "The World Warrior" TonyTheTiger (c) d. kingjolly (NGA) in a +12 destruction!
Standing before the Undisputed Champion, kingjolly finds himself confronted by a once in a lifetime opportunity. Dramatically outmatched, he is perhaps the most unlikely challenger to ever contest the top prize, having just six matches experience prior to his first title bout! Despite this fact, he gallantly faced down an opponent he could have no hope of defeating. TonyTheTiger has shown a steady hand against the biggest names in The Great Arena, taking on and beating many of them. Even at full power, kingjolly would have struggled to phase the champion, but it didn't matter. The willingness to fight was enough to engender kingjolly as a worthy opponent. TonyTheTiger may have fended off his attacks with ease, only to effortlessly strike him back down, but kingjolly would not quit.

A +12 impact may have been a crushing defeat by any measure, but for a fighter so outrageously outclassed by an opponent, kingjolly achieved something special. Murdoink, a far superior fighter, suffered +18 in his clash with TonyTheTiger. Perhaps "The World Warrior" felt it unnecessary to punish the only challenger he encountered in Africa, or perhaps the wisdom kingjolly offered was the will to keep going, even in the face of impossible odds.

Successful at retaining the title, TonyTheTiger continues his Championship World Tour! He next enters Spain, before seeking further competition from the United Kingdom! The World Warrior will return to the cold of Europe thereafter, offering opportunity to European more competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment